Start your trip in one of the most wonderful destinations in the world. You will meet and make friends, develop your abilities and immerse in a new culture. Our methods adapt to your needs and guarantees efficient learning in the “best climate in Europe”.
Where is the Academy?
Academia de Idiomas Torrox is situated in the historic center of a white Andalusian village of 16,000 inhabitants. The school is on the main street of the village, with good connections by bus, car or on foot.
Just two minutes from the academy is the main town square, a meeting place for many people from various countries. Students can enjoy the authentic atmosphere of a white village and experience the local culture.
How can we help you learn Spanish?
Firstly be immersed in Spanish Culture. Torrox is a town that offers different activities and local festivities. The local people will make you feel at home. Therefore, many tourists decide to stay here forever. If you come to Spain to learn Spanish, the longer you spend time in the country the better. Though a two-week course will give you a better grounding than you could get in months of going to evening classes at home, staying for three to six months is the best way to get a good grasp of the language. In addition, AIT organises socio-cultural activities that will help you find out about the local history, traditions and customs.
Then find a course that suits to your needs: extensive or intensive, golden course (specifically for 60+), individual or in a group… We use our own books to make learning Spanish easier. Our teachers are highly qualified to help you learn the language in a structured way. Our teaching methods and a relaxed atmosphere will help you feel the progress in a short time.
If you come to Spain to learn Spanish, the longer you spend time in the country the better. Though a two-week course will give you a better grounding than you could get in months of going to evening classes at home, staying for three to six months is the best way to get a good grasp of the language.
Why should you learn with us?
1. Native and qualified teachers
We are qualified and specialised teachers in teaching Spanish as a foreign language. We keep learning to give the best of us to our students.
2. High quality methodology.
We use the newest methods. In addition, we have published our books which not only cover how to learn Spanish, but also the curiosities and culture of the area.
Manual de Español para Extranjeros (Nivel A1-A2)
Manual de Español para Extranjeros (Nivel A2-B1)
3. Small groups
From the beginning our philosophy has been teaching in small groups (maximum 6 students) to ensure that they have opportunities to practise Spanish.
4. A friendly atmosphere
The teachers create a comfortable atmosphere where you feel welcome. Learning Spanish in small groups offers a closer relationship that makes you feel at home.
5. DELE (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language)
DELE Spanish Diplomas are official titles certifying degree of competence and mastery of the Spanish language, granted by Spain’s Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. The diplomas DELE are the only international official certificates. We aim to help students, to prepare for these examinations that will ultimately open many doors.
6. Accreditation by Instituto Cervantes
AIT has been recently accredited by Instituto Cervantes.
Students choosing a Cervantes Institute-accredited institution to learn Spanish are ensured that it:
- Is compliant with all legal formalities required to provide education services.
- Has a teaching programme in place that guarantees students’ learning progress.
- Has a qualified teaching staff.
- Adapts its methodology to students.
- Routinely assesses its programmes and courses.
- Promote students’ participation in official Spanish certification tests, both those conducted at the centre itself or at examination centres in the area.
- Counsels students on their progress.
- Has satisfactorily equipped classrooms and other educational facilities.
- Has nimble procedures in place to ascertain users’ opinions.
- Responds to students’ complaints and claims.
- Furnishes itemised information on the courses and services offered.
- Advertise their programming transparently and accurately.